Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Because the Origami




Bus ticket cranes

To say that 2011 was full of surprises for me is an understatement.

At the end of 2010, I was feeling lost and confused. It seemed like my career was going nowhere and I was making wrong decisions left and right. I decided to quit my job and start fresh for 2011. And so here we are.

+ Started the year right with a short Baguio trip. Did nothing but eat and sleep. Walked around in 9C weather.
+ Spent lots of time with the mighty fine people of DAS.
+ Rekindled my love for board games (which means more stuff to buy!)
+ Went to Hong Kong and Macau. Walked around in 7C weather. Went to Disneyland! Discovered Gong Cha, Honeymoon Desserts, Western Market, that supergood bakery in Western Market.
+ Saw the Stone Temple Pilots live.
+ Watched Zsa Zsa Zaturrnah for the second time. Still as fun!
+ Chicken-all-you-can!
+ Spent a weekend in Tagaytay, eating and playing games the whole day long.
+ Discovered Ugu Bigyan and Casa San Pablo during a family Holy Week getaway.
- Waded in knee-high floodwater to go home. Yuck!
+ Fell in love with Bikram Yoga. One of the best things I did for myself. Met amazing people. I have never been sporty or health-conscious, but Bikram made me want to sweat it out every single day. So, yay me! (I guess?)
+ Went to Bacolod and Iloilo. Attended MassKara and ate probably the best (tasty and cheap!) cake ever from Calea.
+ Saw the return of Boldst*r. Favoritest band ever, yo!
+ Witnessed friends get married.
+ Said hello to people.
- Said goodbye to people.
+ Acquired more books this year than any other year.
- Didn't get to watch Ben Folds. Again.
+ I actually got to save a little money. Little lang.
+ Got obsessed -- OBSESSED, I tell ya -- with Game of Thrones.
+ Learned a LOT of new things at work.

So I guess all in all, 2011 was pretty good to me. Sure, things were looking spotty at times but I'd take that over a repeat of 2005! So thank you, 2011. And hello thar, 2012!

No comments: