Monday, July 11, 2011

Transformers 3: Or how my brain cells died

Yesterday, Ninoy and I watched Transformers 3. I am not really that invested in this franchise so I was not in a hurry to catch it. An hour into the movie, I decided to give up looking for the storyline and just let Michael "Mr. Explosion" Bay get away with blowing things up.

  • How did Bumblebee become a POW when just a second before he saved Sam and Carly?
  • Why is Carly's suit still spotless and her makeup not running after all that running around?
  • Why is Sam's wrist or shoulder not broken after swinging from that long wire he shot into the Decepticon's eye?
  • What's the sense of Carly's scene when she was standing amidst the rubble?
  • During the sequence when Sentinel was setting up his columns or whatever, the time of day changes from afternoon to night to afternoon again. Why?
  • Do they really need the one hundred or so columns for the teleport thing to work? Why was he able to teleport Decepticons using only the five that he initially had? It was only after that that he asked the "Decepticons around the world" to setup their columns.
Anyway, I wasted enough brain cells as it is trying to follow your story. I wasn't even surprised when towards the end of the movie, your Cool Guys didn't look at the explosions and were walking in slow motion.

No comments: